Saturday 8 December 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Out Of Touch by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
Starman, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1984 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Emma Tregaro: Swedish high jumper.
- Greg Halford: English footballer.
- Badr Hari: Dutch kick-boxer.
- Nicki Minaj: Trinidadian-American rapper.
- Sam Hunt: Country Singer.
- Ringo appears on Saturday Night Live
- 73rd Australian Men's Tennis: Mats Wilander beats K Curren (6-7, 6-4, 7-6, 6-2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Duran Duran - Wild Boys
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through The Night
- Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
- The Honeydrippers - Sea Of Love
- Lionel Richie - Penny Lover
- New Edition - Cool It Now
- Pat Benatar - We Belong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?