Sunday 18 December 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Look Away by Chicago.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Beaches, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1988 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Lizzie Armitstead: English cyclist.
- Seth Doege: American football player.
- Brianne Theisen-Eaton: Canadian heptathlete.
- Seattle Seahawks win their first ever division title with 9-7 record.
- 5th meeting of San Francisco Giants-New York Jets, Jets win and eliminate Giants from playoffs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Chicago - Look Away
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?