Wednesday 27 September 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1911 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- John Harvey: English actor (d. 1982).
- Marcey Jacobson: American-Mexican photographer (d. 2009).
- Peter Muir Doig: Politician.
- Auguste Michel-Levy: French geologist (Born 1844).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?