Monday 19 May 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mitja Ribicic and Joel Fleury.
Fool's Gold, directed by Laurence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1919 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Mitja Ribicic: Slovenian Communist politician, Prime Minister of Yugoslavia.
- Joel Fleury: France sport Champion.
- Suzanne Auboiroux: Limoges EXecutives.
- Georgie Auld: Canadian-American saxophonist clarinet player and bandleader (d. 1990).
- Mitja Ribičič: Italian-Slovenian soldier and politician 25th Prime Minister of Yugoslavia (d. 2013).
- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk lands at Samsun on the Anatolian Black Sea coast, initiating what is later termed the Turkish War of Independence.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Henry Burr
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sand Dunes - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Arabian Nights - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?