Friday 23 May 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Fool's Gold, directed by Laurence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1919 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Robert Bernstein: American author and playwright (d. 1988).
- Avraham Drori: Polish-Israeli soldier and politician (d. 1964).
- Ruth Fernández: Puerto Rican singer and politician (d. 2012).
- Robert KJE Antonissen: South African literary.
- Betty Garrett: American actress who began with Broadway musicals as a comedy star in her youth.
- Gayatri Devi: Indian royalty, born in London, the granddaughter of the Princess Indira Gaekwar of Baroda. The descendants of two of the best Indian families and from an independent line of Indian women with western tastes, she was educated in Switzerland and England.
- The University of California opens its second campus in Los Angeles. Initially called Southern Branch of the University of California (SBUC), it is eventually renamed the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Henry Burr
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sand Dunes - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Arabian Nights - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?