Monday 21 March 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bonfire and Lucila Pascua.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Boys, directed by Rick Rosenthal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dear Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dreadnaught Factor or Gyruss.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1983 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Bonfire : German race horse (d. 2013).
- Lucila Pascua: Spanish basketball player.
- Jean Ondoa: Cameroonian footballer.
- Sofía Zámolo: Argentinian model and television host.
- Only known typo on Time Magazine cover ("contol" instead of "control"), all recalled.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Lionel Richie - You Are
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?