Friday 25 March 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Johnagin and Mickaël Hanany.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
Screwballs, directed by Rafal Zielinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Krovim Krovim.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Domino Man or Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1983 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:25 March
- Pavel Pegov skates world record 1000 metre (1:12.58).
- Christa Rothenburger skates world record 500 metre ladies (39.69 seconds).
- During the anniversary show Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever Michael Jackson thrills the audience by dancing and singing while performing his hit song Billie Jean. The highlight of his act is his signature move: the moonwalk, which he performs in public for the first time.
- Motown celebrates its 25th anniversary and has the television special ''Motown 25'' during which Michael Jackson performed quotBillie Jeanquot and introduces to the world the moonwalk.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Lionel Richie - You Are
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?