Wednesday 23 March 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Gabart and Mo Farah.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Boys, directed by Rick Rosenthal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dear Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Cider Spider or Chivalry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1983 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- François Gabart: French skipper, he won the "Vendée Globe" in 78 days, quicker than Phileas Fogg, Jules Verne's character (Around the World in 80 days).
- Mo Farah: Runner.
- Hakan Balta: Turkish footballer.
- Sascha Riether: German footballer.
- Jerome Thomas: English footballer.
- Barney Clark: 1st artifical heart recipient, dies after 112 days at 62.
- US President Ronald Reagan introduces Star Wars-plan (SDI)
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan makes his initial Strategic Defense Initiative proposal to develop technology to intercept enemy missiles. The media dub this plan "Star Wars."
- Dr Barney Clark, first artificial heart recipient, dies after 112 days at age 62.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Lionel Richie - You Are
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?