Friday 22 March 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Rey-Chirac and Luis Davila.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Children by Robert Miles was in the top 5 hits.
Ghost in the Shell, directed by Mamoru Oshii, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Primary Colors by Anonymous (aka Joe Klein) was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tell It Like It Is.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Earthsiege 2 or Tomb Raider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1996!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1996 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Martin Rey-Chirac: French noted family, the grandson of President Jacques Chirac, the son of Claude Chirac and Thierry Rey.
- Luis Davila: Vine Star.
- Izzy Meikle-Small: Movie Actress.
- Riley Biederer: Pop Singer.
- Gig Morton: Movie Actor.
- Ronald George Hayward: political manager, dies at age 78.
- Robert Franklin Overmyer: astronaut (STS 5, STS 51-B), dies at age 59.
- Robert Mellors: gay activist, dies at age 47.
- Billy Williamson: American musician with Bill Haley & His Comets (Born 1925).
- Claude Mauriac: French author and journalist, eldest son of the author François Mauriac.
- Don Murray: American actor, a tall and rangy lead of stage and screen. His most notable film is "Bus Stop," 1956, as it earned him an Oscar nomination. His other works include "The Bachelor Party," 1957, "The Hoodlum Priest," 1961 "A Hatful Of Rain," 1957 and the TV series "The Outcasts," 1968-1969. Murray also played on stage with his Broadway debut in the 1951 play "The Rose Tattoo."
- STS 76 (Atlantis 16), launches into orbit.
- Cheryl Depew, of Florida, crowned 13th Miss Hawaiian Tropic International.
- Capcom releases the Resident Evil game for the PlayStation in the US. The game innovates by creating the survival-horror genre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
- Joan Osborne - One Of Us
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?