Wednesday 23 July 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1924 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Betsy Haworth: Deacon / minister.
- Wally Albertson: American educator, politician and activist.
- Claude Penz: France sport Champion.
- Gavin Lambert: English-American screenwriter and author (d. 2005).
- Gazanfer Bilge: Turkish wrestler (d. 2008).
- Frank Frost Abbott: American classical scholar (Born 1850).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?