Sunday 20 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Lodeizen [Johannes A Frederik] and Lola Albright in Akron.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1924 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Hans Lodeizen [Johannes A Frederik]: Dutch poet (Inner Self).
- Lola Albright in Akron: Ohio, USA; actress (Delta Country, Kid Galahad).
- Lola Albright: American actress, stylish, tough-talking leading lady known for roles of a Barbara-Stanwyck type.
- Tom Berger: American novelist who writes with humor, spontaneity and gusto, though sometimes rambling.
- Mary Mayo: American singer, best known for her wordless vocals on the space age pop era album, Moon Gas (1963), a collaboration with keyboardist/arranger Dick Hyman and guitarist Vinnie Bell.
- Marcel Ryckaert: Belgium sport Champion
- Thomas Berger: United States -- Novelist (Vital Parts, Little Big Man)
- Mort Garson: Canadian-American songwriter and composer (d. 2008)
- Teheran, Persia comes under martial law after the American vice-consul, Robert Imbrie, is killed by a religious mob enraged by rumors he had poisoned a fountain and killed several people.
- The Soviet sports newspaper ''Sovetskiy Sport'' is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?