Sunday 20 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1924 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Mort Garson: Canadian-American songwriter and composer (d. 2008).
- Mary Mayo: American singer, best known for her wordless vocals on the space age pop era album, Moon Gas (1963), a collaboration with keyboardist/arranger Dick Hyman and guitarist Vinnie Bell.
- Thomas Berger: United States -- Novelist (Vital Parts, Little Big Man).
- Marcel Ryckaert: Belgium sport Champion.
- Tom Berger: American novelist who writes with humor, spontaneity and gusto, though sometimes rambling.
- Hans Lodeizen [Johannes A Frederik]: Dutch poet (Inner Self)
- Lola Albright in Akron: Ohio, USA; actress (Delta Country, Kid Galahad).
- Lola Albright: American actress, stylish, tough-talking leading lady known for roles of a Barbara-Stanwyck type. She worked as a switchboard operator and stenographer for a radio station and then became a photographer's model before being discovered by Hollywood. Her films include "Champion," 1949, "A Cold Wind in August," 1961, "The Impossible Years." 1968 and the TV series "Peter Gunn." 1958-61.
- Teheran, Persia comes under martial law after the American vice-consul, Robert Imbrie, is killed by a religious mob enraged by rumors he had poisoned a fountain and killed several people.
- The Soviet sports newspaper ''Sovetskiy Sport'' is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?