Wednesday 24 December 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Let's Do It Again by The Staple Singers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1975!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1975 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Thierry Baudry: French homicide, a prison cellmate and victim of Nicolas Cocaign, dubbed "the cannibal of Rouen," who killed Baudry on 30 January 2007 and ate part of his lung.
- Natalie Ward: Australian softball shortstop / 2nd baseman (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Bernard Herrmann, American film composer (Born 1911)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?