Tuesday 25 September 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
There Will Be Blood, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2007 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- Microsoft releases the Halo 3 video game for the Xbox 360 in the USA.
- The United Nations Security Council approves the United Nations Mission in the Central African Republic and Chad. (ReliefWeb)
- Mount Ruapehu erupts in New Zealand leading to the evacuation of fifty people. (News Limited)
- Sotheby's announces that it will auction an early version of the Magna Carta. (CNN)
- The Parliament of Lebanon adjourns a session to elect a new President of Lebanon until 23 October 2007. (BBC)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- Approximately 20,000 people led by 2000 Buddhist monks begin another protest in Yangon despite threats by the Burmese junta. (AAP via News Limited)
- Hundreds of soldiers and riot police enter Yangon in an attempt to end the demonstrations (Reuters)
- Myanmar's junta places dusk-till-dawn curfews on the country's two largest cities, Yangon and Mandalay. (AFP)
- The House of Representatives of Japan elects Yasuo Fukuda as the new Prime Minister of Japan. (CNN)
- The Supreme Court of Indonesia rejects the final appeals of Imam Samudra and Mukhlas, two men sentenced to death for their roles in the 2002 Bali bombings. (BBC)
- 73,000 United Auto Workers union workers go on strike against General Motors, the first general strike against the company in 37 years. Talks between the parties continued. (CNN)
- Warren Jeffs, leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is found guilty of two counts of rape in the U.S. state of Utah. (Fox)
- In his speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reiterates his assertion that his county's nuclear program has been ampquotpeaceful and transparentampquot and criticizes the ampquotillegalampquot UN sanctions imposed by ampquotarrogantampquot members of the Security Council. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 September 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?