Wednesday 14 January 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Clary and Denzil Douglas.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1953 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- David Clary: English chemist and academic.
- Denzil Douglas: Caribbean educator and politician 2nd Prime Minister of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- Hans Westerhoff: Dutch biologist and academic.
- WALA TV channel 10 in Mobile, AL (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Ralph Marterie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?