Sunday 26 February 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aldonis Kalnins and Anatoli Vassilyevich Filipchenko.
A Girl in Every Port, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1928 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Aldonis Kalnins: Composer.
- Anatoli Vassilyevich Filipchenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 7, 16).
- Antoine "Fats" Domino in New Orleans: Louisiana; rhythm and blues pianist/singer ("Blueberry Hill").
- Paolo Ferrari: Italian actor who has appeared in 45 films since 1938.
- Ariel Sharon: Israeli military man, a war hero called "the Bulldozer" for his ability to mow down the enemy.
- Fats Domino: American musician
- Anatoly Filipchenko: Russian general pilot and astronaut
- Monique Leyrac: Canadian singer and actress
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 February 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?