Monday 26 February 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1968 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Brendan Rogers: Canadian Football League linebacker (Toronto Argonauts).
- J T Snow in Long Beach: California, USA; infielder (New York Yankees, California Angels).
- Chris Green: NFL safety (Buffalo Bills).
- Leif Rohlin in Vasteras: Sweden; NHL defenseman (Vancouver Canucks).
- J T Snow: American baseball player.
- Tim Commerford: American bass player and songwriter (Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave)
- J Snow: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Ed Quinn: American actor
- Eric Feldary: Actor (16 Fathoms Deep), dies of burns at 55.
- Clandestine Radio Voice of Iraqi People (Communist) final transmission.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- Classics IV - Spooky
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- The Fireballs - Bottle Of Wine
- The Association - Everything That Touches You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?