Tuesday 26 January 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Spink and Mia Rose.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Need You Tonight by INXS.
In UK Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle was in the top 5 hits.
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Ninja War Jiraiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing America Daitōryō Senkyo or Katakis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1988!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1988 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Henry Spink: British child with severe perplexing disabilities; he's the inspiration for the Henry Spink Foundation Although he wasborn after an easy labor and his post-natal tests showed perfect results, he showed signs of distress 24 hours after birth.
- Mia Rose: YouTube Star.
- Gary Hooper: Soccer Player.
- Dimitrios Chondrokoukis: Greek high jumper.
- Yukiyo Mine: Japanese softball player.
- Phantom of the Opera opens at Majestic Theater in New York City, New York for 4,000+ performances.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Live)
- Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?