Saturday 28 February 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Quai des Orfèvres, directed by H. G. Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1948 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Mike Brady: British-born Australian musician and song-writer most commonly associated with the Australian rules football anthems "Up There Cazaly", referring to 1920s and 30s St Kilda player Roy Cazaly and "One Day in September".
- Bineshwar Brahma: Bodo litterateur and religious figure (birth date unknown).
- Steven Chu: American physicist and politician 12th United States Secretary of Energy Nobel Prize laureate.
- Mike Figgis: English director screenwriter and composer.
- Johnny Delgado: Filipino actor (d. 2009).
- Geoff Nicholls: English keyboard player (Black Sabbath and Quartz)
- Mercedes Ruehl: American actress
- Alfred Sant: Maltese politician 11th Prime Minister of Malta
- Bernadette Peters [Lazzaro] in Queens: New York, USA; actress (The Jerk, Song and Dance).
- Mercedes Ruehl in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Lost in Yonkers, Crazy People).
- Willie Donnell: Smith
- Bernadette Peters: American actress, singer and dancer, the youngest person ever inducted into the Theater Hall of Fame. Peters won a Golden Globe for the film "Pennies From Heaven," 1981; nominated four times, she won a Tony Award for "Song and Dance" in 1985. She received a nomination for a Grammy in January 1997. A larger-than-life star, when she's not on Broadway she is on TV, in films, does voices for animated features and sells out Carnegie Hall and other venues. She also developed a night club act to showca
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?