Tuesday 28 May 1991
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Don't Wanna Cry by Mariah Carey.
In UK The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Hudson Hawk, directed by Michael Lehmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Loves Music, Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1991!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1991 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Alexandre Lacazette: Soccer Player.
- Alex Strecci: YouTube Star.
- Sharrif Floyd: American football player.
- Beauty Gonzalez: Filipino actress.
- Kail Piho: Estonian skier.
- Ethiopian rebels seize Addis Ababa.
- The capital city of Addis Ababa, falls to the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front, ending both the Derg regime in Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Civil War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
- Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
- Michael Bolton - Love Is A Wonderful Thing
- R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
- Rod Stewart - Rhythm Of My Heart
- Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?