Thursday 29 August 1985
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Achilles Liarmakopoulos and Jeffrey Licon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Power Of Love by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Better Off Dead..., directed by Savage Steve Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Brothers MacGregor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Monster Chase or Baraduke.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1985 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Achilles Liarmakopoulos: Greek trombonist (Canadian Brass).
- Jeffrey Licon: American actor.
- Marc Rzepczynski: American baseball player.
- Héctor Sanabria: Argentinian footballer (d. 2013).
- Lauren Collins: Canadian actress.
- Atlantis moves to launch pad for 51-J mission
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- New York Yank Don Baylor is hit by a pitch for a record 190th time
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Billy Joel - You're Only Human (Second Wind)
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?