Friday 30 August 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Power Of Love by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Better Off Dead..., directed by Savage Steve Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1985 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Eva Risztov: Hungarian swimmer.
- Eamon Sullivan: Australian sprint swimmer who became the fastest swimmer in history in 2008.
- Richard Duffy: Welsh footballer.
- Joe Inoue: American singer-songwriter.
- Leisel Jones: Australian swimmer.
- Éva Risztov: Hungarian swimmer
- Steven Smith: Scottish footballer
- Anna Ushenina: Ukrainian chess player
- Holly Weston: English actress
- Taylor Caldwell: American best-selling writer who began to write and illustrate from age 10.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Billy Joel - You're Only Human (Second Wind)
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?