Saturday 29 October 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Islands In The Stream by Kenny Rogers.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1983 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Richard Brancatisano: Australian actor.
- Maurice Clarett: American football player.
- Freddy Eastwood: Welsh footballer.
- Dana Eveland: American baseball player.
- Johnny Lewis: American actor (d. 2012).
- Jason Tahincioğlu: Turkish race car driver
- Nurcan Taylan: Turkish weightlifter
- Jason Tahincioglu: Turkish racing driver
- Olivia Pinheiro: Bolivian beauty pageant titleholder and model who was crowned Miss Bolivia 2010, and would have represented her country in the 2011 Miss Universe pageant. Pinheiro declined to participate in the international competition after rumors about her real age were revealed to the press.
- Sten Broman: Composer, dies at 81.
- 550,000 Dutch demonstrate against cruise missile
- Over 500,000 people demonstrate against cruise missiles in The Hague, Netherlands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Spandau Ballet - True
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Prince - Delirious
- Sheena Easton - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?