Sunday 30 October 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Islands In The Stream by Kenny Rogers.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1983 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Trent Edwards: American football player.
- Iain Hume: Scottish-Canadian footballer.
- Maor Melikson: Israeli footballer.
- The first democratic elections in Argentina after seven years of military rule are held.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: At the White House Rose Garden, U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill creating a federal holiday on the third Monday of every January to honor American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Able Archer 83: Many Soviet officials misinterpret this NATO exercise as a nuclear first strike, causing the last nuclear scare of the Cold War.
- South Africa approves a new constitution granting limited political rights to Coloureds and Asians as part of a series of reforms to apartheid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Spandau Ballet - True
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Prince - Delirious
- Sheena Easton - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?