Wednesday 26 October 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Islands In The Stream by Kenny Rogers.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1983 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Prince - Delirious
- Sheena Easton - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 October 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?