Sunday 29 September 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Castle and Harold Laurence Walters.
The Forbidden City, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1918 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Don Castle: Texas, United States -- Actor (Born to Speed, Tombstone, Motor Patrol).
- Harold Laurence Walters: Composer.
- Henri Tessier: France sport Champion.
- Allied forces score a decisive breakthrough of the Hindenburg Line.
- World War I: The Hindenburg Line is broken by Allied forces. Bulgaria signs an armistice.
- Bulgaria requests an armistice in WWI.
- October ndash Mammy Lou becomes the oldest person to ever star in a film, at age 114.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Garden of My Dreams - Charles Hart
- When We Meet in the Sweet Bye and Bye - Sterling Trio
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?