Thursday 26 September 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Goat, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1918 ?
- Eric Morley: English businessman and television host founded the Miss World (d. 2000).
- John Rankine: Welsh author (d. 2013).
- John Zacherle: American television host voice actor and singer.
- Malcolm Cagle: American military a Vice Admiral.
- Humphrey van Loo: Dutch news director (ANP / Reuter).
- Battle of the Argonne, final major battle of WWI
- World War I: The Meuse-Argonne Offensive, the bloodiest single battle in American history, begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Pin My Medal on the Girl I Left Behind - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Lump of Sugar Down in Dixie - Marion Harris
- Missouri Waltz - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1918 and get them!