Wednesday 29 September 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1948 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mark Farner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Grand Funk Railroad and Terry Knight and the Pack).
- Bryant Gumbel: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Theo Jörgensmann: German clarinet player and composer (German Clarinet Duo Clarinet Contrast and Klarinettenquartett Cl-4).
- Mike Pinera: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Blues Image Iron Butterfly Cactus and Ramatam).
- Bryant Gumbel in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; sportscaster/TV host (Today Show).
- John M McHugh: (Rep-R-New York)
- Mike Pinear: Rock guitarist (Iron Butterfly)
- Viktor Krovopouskov: USSR -- Sabres (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Theo Jorgensmann: German jazz clarinetist
- Yelena Drapeko: Kazakhstani-Russian actress
- WBAP (now KXAS) TV channel 5 in Fort Worth-Dallas, TX (NBC) begins
- WSB TV channel 2 in Atlanta, Georgia (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Laurence Olivier's ''Hamlet'' opens in the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?