Sunday 30 August 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1981 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- German Legarreta: American actor.
- Germán Legarreta: Puerto Rican-American actor.
- Adam Wainwright: American baseball player.
- Mohammad Javad Bahonar: Prime Minister of Iran, assassinated by a bomb.
- Mohammad-Ali Rajai: Iranian politician 2nd President of Iran (d. 1981).
- Mohammad Ali Rajai: president of Iran, and Mohammad Javad Bahonar, prime minister of Iran, are assassinated by a bomb.
- Vera-Ellen : Actress (Big Leaguer, On the Town), dies of cancer at 55.
- Joanne Carner wins Columbia Savings LPGA Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?