Sunday 30 November 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Flash Gordon, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1980 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Cem Adrian: Turkish singer-songwriter producer and director.
- Jamie Ashdown: English footballer.
- Shane Victorino: American baseball player.
- Banjo Dancing closes at Century Theater NYC after 38 performances
- Perfectly Frank opens at Helen Hayes Theater NYC for 16 performances
- West Side Story closes at Minskoff Theater NYC after 341 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Cliff Richard - Dreaming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?