Saturday 29 November 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Flash Gordon, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1980 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Chalisa Lewis: American missing person at age 14.
- Chun Jung-myung: South Korean actor.
- Ilias Kasidiaris: Greek soldier and politician.
- Brian Wolfe: American baseball player.
- Chun Jung Myung: Korean actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Cliff Richard - Dreaming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?