Sunday 2 November 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1980 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Diego Lugano: Uruguayan footballer.
- Amos Roberts: Australian Rugby League player.
- Kim So-yeon: South Korean actress.
- Vanessa Ray: Soap Opera Actress.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 November 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?