Tuesday 31 December 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
Scream, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Airframe by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1996!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1996 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 December
- Michael Roberts: South African-English jockey.
- 61 law: enforcement officers killed by felons in US this year.
- David Sinclair: Actor (Love & Hate), dies at 62.
- Phillip Edmund Clinton Manson-Bahr: tropical mediciner, dies at age 85.
- Ann Susan Hills: freelance journalist, dies at age 55.
- Frederico Davia: opera singer, dies at age 63.
- The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway is merged with the Burlington Northern Railroad to form the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, making it one of the largest railroad mergers in U.S. history.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- Barbra Streisand - I Finally Found Someone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 December 1996 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?