Thursday 31 July 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Rache des Titanen, directed by Fern Andra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1919 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Hemu Adhikari: Indian cricketer (d. 2003).
- Curt Gowdy: American sportscaster and actor (d. 2006).
- Henri-Franéois Rey: Toulouse Writer.
- Primo Levi Italy: chemist/writer (Survival in Aushchwitz) (dies 1987).
- Henri Rey: French playwright, journalist, broadcaster and scriptwriter.
- Norman Del Mar: Composer
- Primo Levi: Italian novelist, essayist, poet and scientist, whose writings were influenced by his imprisonment at a concentration camp in Auschwitz, 1944-1945. Born into a Jewish family, from 1943, he was a research chemist in Milan and the German intervention into North Italy prompted his joining of a anti-fascist group. Levi was captured and deported and didn't resume his career as an industrial chemist until 1946, retiring in 1974 to concentrate on writing. His books include "Survival in Auschwitz," 1947
- Germany accepts Weimar Constitution
- German national assembly adopts the Weimar constitution, which comes into force on August 14.
- Policemen in London and Liverpool strike for recognition of the National Union of Police and Prison Officers over 2,000 strikers are dismissed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When You Look in the Heart of a Rose - John McCormack
- Kiss Me Again - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?