Thursday 1 April 1993
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blair Fowler and Keito Okamoto.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Informer by Snow.
In UK Oh Carolina by Shaggy was in the top 5 hits.
Indecent Proposal, directed by Adrian Lyne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Official And Confidential by Anthony Summers was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Riff Raff Element.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bing Bing! Bingo or Fantasy Empires.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1993!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1993 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Blair Fowler: American make-up artist.
- Keito Okamoto: Japanese singer (Hey! Say! JUMP).
- Nico Schulz: German footballer.
- Linnea Regnander: Swedish model.
- Stephane Powers weds Patrick de la Chenais
- Lou Gerstner replaces John Akers as chairman and CEO of IBM.
- The Vatican orders the moving of the Carmelite convent at Auschwitz.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?