Saturday 1 February 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen Madill in Coleraine and Ryo Horikawa.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching J.P. Patches.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1958 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Maureen Madill in Coleraine: Northern Ireland; golfer (British Open Amateur 1979).
- Ryo Horikawa: Japanese voice actor.
- Christina Mancinelli Scotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Elsa Martinelli and the Count Mancinelli Scotti.
- Luther Blissett: Jamaican-English footballer and manager.
- Ryō Horikawa: Japanese voice actor.
- 1st US satellite (Explorer I) launched
- WFTV TV channel 9 in Orlando, Florida (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Egypt and Syria merge to form the United Arab Republic, which lasted until 1961.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?