Sunday 1 February 1998
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Centa .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Together Again by Janet.
In UK Never Ever by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Great Expectations, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while A Certain Justice by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seija no koushin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue's Clues: Blue's Birthday Adventure or Air Boarder 64.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1998!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 1998 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Street Corner Symphony, closes at Brooks Atkinson NYC after 79 performances
- The United States Senate passes Resolution 71, urging U.S. President Bill Clinton to "take all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- NFL Pro Bowl Game, AFC beats NFC 29-24.
- Australian Mixed Doubles Tennis: J Gimelstob and V Williams beat Suk and Sukova (6-2, 6-1).
- 86th Australian Mens Tennis: Petr Korda beats Marcelo Rios (6-2, 6-2, 6-2).
- Rear Admiral Lillian E. Fishburne became the first female African American to be promoted to rear admiral.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 February 1998
- Chicago Bulls - Los Angeles Lakers : 87 - 112
- Houston Rockets - Boston Celtics : 96 - 107
- Indiana Pacers - Los Angeles Clippers : 99 - 92
- Miami Heat - New York Knicks : 83 - 89
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Atalanta : 0 - 0
- Brescia - Inter : 0 - 1
- Fiorentina - Udinese : 1 - 0
- Lecce - Juventus : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Aalst - Molenbeek : 0 - 2
- Club Brugge - Harelbeke : 2 - 1
- Germinal - Genk : 4 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Karlsruhe - Leverkusen : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?