Sunday 1 February 1998
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Centa .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Together Again by Janet.
In UK Never Ever by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Great Expectations, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seija no koushin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B.L.U.E. Legend of Water or TOCA 2 Touring Cars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1998!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1998 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Street Corner Symphony, closes at Brooks Atkinson NYC after 79 performances
- The United States Senate passes Resolution 71, urging U.S. President Bill Clinton to "take all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- NFL Pro Bowl Game, AFC beats NFC 29-24.
- Australian Mixed Doubles Tennis: J Gimelstob and V Williams beat Suk and Sukova (6-2, 6-1).
- 86th Australian Mens Tennis: Petr Korda beats Marcelo Rios (6-2, 6-2, 6-2).
- Rear Admiral Lillian E. Fishburne became the first female African American to be promoted to rear admiral.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1998
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet - Together Again
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- Usher - Nice & Slow
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Puff Daddy - Been Around The World
- Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
- Uncle Sam - I Don't Ever Want To See You Again
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna..
- Robyn - Show Me Love
- Elton John - Something About The Way You Look Tonight
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?