Saturday 1 February 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Jacob in Palatka and John Moore.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Riptide.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1969 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Bryan Jacob in Palatka: Florida, USA; 59kg (130 pounds) weightlifter (Olympics-1992, 1996).
- John Moore: Australian baseball catcher (Olympics-1996).
- Joshua Redman: American musician, a legendary saxophonist by the age of 25.
- Brian Krause: American actor.
- Patrick Wilson: American musician (Weezer).
- Gabriel Batistuta: Argentinian footballer
- Andrew Breitbart: American journalist author and publisher (d. 2012)
- Franklyn Rose: Jamaican cricketer
- Jim Morrison arrested for exposing himself in concert
- WPGH TV channel 53 in Pittsburgh, PA (IND) begins broadcasting
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Janet Lynn.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?