Monday 10 February 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Clark and Jayhawk Owens in Cincinnati.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
La Grande Vadrouille, directed by Grard Oury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Riptide.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1969 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Tim Clark: US baseball outfielder (Florida Marlins).
- Jayhawk Owens in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; catcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Laurie Dhue: American television personality.
- Roman Luisi: American homicide victim, shot to death on 11/06/1995 along with his dad and two cousins at a Charlestown, MA.
- Thomas Van Hamme: Belgian radio and TV moderator of the Walloon Broadcaster RTBF.
- Joe Mangrum: American painter and sculptor
- LSU Pete Maravich scores 66, despite losing to Tulane 101-94.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 February 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Doors - Touch Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Booker T. & The MG's - Hang 'Em High
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?