Wednesday 1 February 1995
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathalia Campos and Richard Wisker.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Creep by TLC.
In UK Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex was in the top 5 hits.
In the Mouth of Madness, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Once Upon a Hamster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chrono Trigger or Dark Seed II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1995!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 1995 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Richard Wisker: TV Actor.
- Nathalia Campos: Vine Star.
- Oliver Heldens: DJ.
- Márton Lorentz: Hungarian footballer.
- Jay Lelliott: English freestyle swimmer.
- Michael Caesar: pope of pot, dies of liver cancer at age 52.
- Richey James Edwards: lyricist and rhythm guitarist of Welsh rock band Manic Street Preachers (presumed dead) (Born 1967).
- John Smith: American athlete, who competed in the sprints events during his career.
- George Abbot: English archbishop and academic (d. 1633).
- Amtrak NY-Tampa run ends
- Amtrak New York-Tampa run ends.
- Andy and Grant Flower make 269 stand versus Pakistan, brotherly record.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 February 1995
- Charlotte Hornets - Boston Celtics : 100 - 93
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Indiana Pacers : 82 - 101
- Dallas Mavericks - Minnesota Timberwolves : 104 - 83
- Denver Nuggets - Utah Jazz : 88 - 129
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Le Havre - St Etienne : 2 - 0
- Nantes - Montpellier : 3 - 2
- Sochaux - Paris SG : 1 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie - St Mirren : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Bradford - Bristol Rvs : 2 - 1
- Chester - Wycombe : 0 - 2
- Leyton Orient - Blackpool : 0 - 1
- Shrewsbury - Plymouth : 3 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?