Wednesday 2 September 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Contrada and Pierre Huyskens.
Five Star Final, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1931 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Bruno Contrada: Italian law enforcement officer.
- Gerald Walpin: Public Servant.
- Pierre Huyskens: Dutch radio host.
- Alan K: Simpson; American politician (Senator-Republican-Wyoming).
- Clifford Jordan: American saxophonist and bandleader (Born 1931).