Wednesday 2 September 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Contrada and Pierre Huyskens.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 2 September 1931
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 2 September 1931 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?