Tuesday 2 September 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrey Pavlovich Petrov and François Mahé.
Big Boy, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1930 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Andrey Pavlovich Petrov: Composer.
- François Mahé: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1950 to 1965.
- Roger Declercq: Belgium sport Champion.
- Frans Koczur
- 1st non-stop airplane flight from Europe to US (37 hrs)
- First non-stop airplane flight from Europe to US (37 hours).