Friday 4 September 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mitzi Gaynor and Anthony de Mello.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 4 September 1931 ?
- Mitzi Gaynor: American singer, dancer and actress, a light leading lady in many musicals.
- Anthony de Mello: Indian Jesuit priest and psychotherapist (Born 1931).
- Antoine Bonifaci: Belgium sport Champion.
- Eduard Schils: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jack Boucher: American photographer (d. 2012).
- Antonios Trakatellis: Greek biochemist and politician.
- Mitzi Gaynor in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (South Pacific).
- James Loper: American television executive who co-founded KCET, a PBS affiliate in Los Angeles, in 1964 and served as Executive Director of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences from 1983 to 1999.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?