Friday 3 November 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen Louys and Sergueï Movsessian.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Needed Me by Anne Murray.
In UK Rat Trap by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Magic, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching A Horseman Riding By.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Ship or Frogs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1978
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1978!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1978 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Maureen Louys: Belgian television presenter.
- Sergueï Movsessian
- Tim McIlrath: Rock Singer.
- Anthony Kumpen
- Julia Taylor: European pornographic actress.
- Sergei Movsesian: Armenian chess player.
- Jonas Sjøvaag: Norwegian drummer (Eple Trio).
- Hiroko Sakai: Japanese softball player.
- Koshiro Take: Japanese jockey.
- Dominica gains independence from the UK and adopts constitution
- Michiko Okada wins LPGA Mizuno-Japan Golf Classic
- USSR and Vietnam sign peace and friendship treaty
- Mickey Mouse is given a gold star on Hollywood Boulevard's Walk of Fame, the first cartoon character to be so honored.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
- Ashford & Simpson - It Seems To Hang On
- The Jacksons - Blame It On The Boogie
- Barry White - Your Sweetness Is My Weakness
- Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman
- Switch - There'll Never Be
- Sylvester - Dance (Disco Heat)
- Rose Royce - I'm In Love (And I Love The Feeling)
- Hamilton Bohannon - Let's Start The Dance
- Rick James - Mary Jane
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?