Sunday 12 November 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandra Maria Lara and Alexandra Lara.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to MacArthur Park by Donna Summer.
In UK Rat Trap by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord of the Rings, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while American Caesar by William Manchester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Moon Stallion.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Game of Concentration or Video Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1978!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1978 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Alexandra Maria Lara: Romanian-born German actress.
- Alexandra Lara: Romanian-born German actress.
- Ashley Williams: American actress.
- Lena Yada: American actress, model, surfer and professional wrestler.
- Howard Swanson: Composer, dies at 71.
- Platinum opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 33 performances
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Colgate Far East Golf Open
- Pope John Paul II takes possession of his Cathedral Church, the Basilica of St. John Lateran, as the Bishop of Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
- Anne Murray - You Needed Me
- Foreigner - Double Vision
- Ambrosia - How Much I Feel
- Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Kenny Loggins - Whenever I Call You Friend
- The Rolling Stones - Beast Of Burden
- Foxy - Get Off
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 November 1978
- Atlanta Falcons - New Orleans Saints : 20 - 17
- Baltimore Colts - Seattle Seahawks : 17 - 14
- Chicago Bears - Minnesota Vikings : 14 - 17
- Dallas Cowboys - Green Bay Packers : 42 - 14
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?