Friday 4 March 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Baitchik and Ana Gabriela Guevara.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK When I Need You by Leo Sayer was in the top 5 hits.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, directed by John Lounsbery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Storm Warning by Jack Higgins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Galton & Simpson Playhouse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Depthcharge or Dominos.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1977!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1977 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Anna Baitchik: Miss Russia-Universe (1997).
- Ana Gabriela Guevara: Mexican athlete.
- Christian Jessen: English doctor and television presenter.
- Mike Kinsella: American musician (Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, American Football, and Owen).
- Gregory Le Corvec: French rugby union footballer.
- Rockell (Rachel Alexandra Mercaldo): American musician
- Rockell : American singer-songwriter
- Nacho Figueras: Argentinian polo player and model
- Jeremiah Green: American drummer (Modest Mouse Red Stars Theory and Satisfact)
- Ana Guevara: Mexican sprinter and politician
- Juha Helppi: Finnish professional poker player
- Ron Horsley: American author and illustrator
- Laura Jansen: Dutch-American singer-songwriter and pianist
- Daniel Klewer: German footballer and coach
- Grégory Le Corvec: French rugby player
- Tonga Lea'aetoa: New Zealand-Tongan rugby union player
- Jason Marsalis: American drummer
- Traver Rains: American fashion designer and photographer
- Dan Wells: American horror fiction author
- Gareth Wyatt: Welsh rugby union player
- Anatol E Baconsky: Romanian modernist poet, essayist, translator, novelist, publisher, literary and art critic (Born 1925).
- Miles C Allgood: U.
- Nancy Tyson Burbidge: Australian systemic botanist, conservationist and herbarium curator (Born 1912).
- Andres Caicedo: Colombian writer (Born 1951).
- William Paul: American attorney, legislator, and political activist (Born 1885).
- 1st CRAY 1 supercomputer shipped, to Los Alamos Laboratories, New Mexico
- Earthquake in Romania, kills 1,541
- The first Cray-1 supercomputer is shipped to the Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico.
- Colin Croft takes 8-29 against Pakistan at Port-of-Spain.
- The 1977 Bucharest Earthquake in southern and eastern Europe kills more than 1,500.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- Barry Manilow - Weekend In New England
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?