Tuesday 1 March 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rod White and Rod White in Sharon.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK When I Need You by Leo Sayer was in the top 5 hits.
Slap Shot, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Galton & Simpson Playhouse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea Battle or Surround.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1977!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1977 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Rod White: Sharon, Pennsylvania -- Archer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rod White in Sharon: Pennsylvania; archer (Olympics-gold-1996).
- Esther Canadas: Spanish actress and model.
- Melissa Tremblay: American missing person at age 11, Lawrence, MA.
- Donovan Patton: TV Actor.
- Lucy Pargeter: Soap Opera Actress
- Rens Blom: Dutch pole vaulter
- Esther Cañadas: Spanish actress and model
- Bank of America adopts the name VISA for their credit cards.
- US extends territorial waters to 200 miles.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 March 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- Barry Manilow - Weekend In New England
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?