Tuesday March 1, 1977
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Esther Cañadas and Thomas VDB.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Chanson D'Amour by The Manhattan Transfer was in the top 5 hits.
Joseph Andrews, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Ceremony Of The Innocent by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rob Roy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Wars or Triple Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1977!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1977 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Esther Cañadas: Spanish actress and model.
- Thomas VDB
- Esther Canadas: Spanish actress and model.
- Melissa Tremblay: American missing person at age 11, Lawrence, MA.
- Rod White: Sharon, Pennsylvania -- Archer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lucy Pargeter: Soap Opera Actress.
- Rens Blom: Dutch pole vaulter.
- Donovan Patton: TV Actor.
- Rod White in Sharon: Pennsylvania; archer (Olympics-gold-1996).
- Bank of America adopts the name VISA for their credit cards.
- US extends territorial waters to 200 miles.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
- Kenny Nolan - I Like Dreamin'
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- Barry Manilow - Weekend In New England
Top #10 R&B songs
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- William Bell - Tryin' To Love Two
- Facts Of Life - Sometimes
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Enchantment - Gloria
- Latimore - Somethin' 'bout 'cha
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - At Midnight (My Love Will Lift You Up)
- The Dramatics - Be My Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Look Into Your Heart
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?