Wednesday 6 January 1993, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lil Reese .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Chaplin, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Every Living Thing by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ark.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dare to Dream or Spider-Man 3: Invasion of the Spider-Slayers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1993!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1993 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- John B "Dizzy" Gillespe: American blues trumpeter/bandleader/composer, dies of cancer at age 75 (born 1917).
- Elisabeth : German royalty.
- Rudolph Nureyev: Russian ballet dancer who had an outstanding technique and a compelling stage presence.
- Dizzy Gillespie: acclaimed jazz trumpet player (Born 1917).
- Rudolf Nureyev: Russian-French dancer and choreographer (d. 1993).
- Richard Mortensen: Danish painter and educator (d. 1993)
- Bill Wyman announces he will leave Rolling Stones
- Jean Mueller discovers comet Mueller / 1993a
- Douglas Hurd is the first high-ranking British official to visit Argentina since the Falklands War.
- January 20 ampndash The Bombay Riots take place in the city now known as Mumbai.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
- TLC - What About Your Friends
- Mary J. Blige - Real Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?