Wednesday 6 January 2016, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
The Revenant, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2016
while Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Message Received.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Marvel's Avengers or Space Hulk: Deathwing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2016!
Which were the important events of 6 January 2016 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 2016
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2016?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?