Wednesday January 06, 2016, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/2016, UK date format: 6/1/2016
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 2016). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello by Adele.
Burnt, directed by John Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2016
On TV people were watching It Had to Be You.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Marvel's Avengers or Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 2016?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- Libyan Civil War (2014–present): The Islamic State's Libyan branch continues attacks on Libya's oil ports of Sidra and Ra's Lanuf, resulting in at least 10 security personnel deaths and 40 injured. The National Oil Corporation (NOC) reports that fires continue to rage in both Sidra and Ra's Lanuf after oil storage tanks were hit by shells. (Al-Jazeera) (BBC)
- The Islamic State's Libyan branch continues attacks on Libya's oil ports of Sidra and Ra's Lanuf, resulting in at least 10 security personnel deaths and 40 injured. The National Oil Corporation (NOC) reports that fires continue to rage in both Sidra and Ra's Lanuf after oil storage tanks were hit by shells. (Al-Jazeera) (BBC)
- Bahrain says it has dismantled a terrorist cell allegedly linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guard and Lebanon's Hezbollah. (The National)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens becomes the highest-grossing film ever in the United States and Canada, overtaking Avatar. (Hollywood Reporter)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 06, 2016?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on January 06, 2016
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Roma : 3 - 3
- Empoli - Inter : 0 - 1
- Juventus - Verona : 3 - 0
- Lazio - Carpi : 0 - 0
- Milan - Bologna : 0 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Arouca - Estoril : 1 - 0
- Belenenses - Nacional : 2 - 2
- Benfica - Maritimo : 6 - 0
- Moreirense - Guimaraes : 3 - 4
- Porto - Rio Ave : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 06If January 06, 2016 is your birthday you're 4 years, 7 months, 6 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 25 days.
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- James Dao to Become New York Times’s Op-Ed Editor The New York Times announces deputy national editor James Dao will become Op-Ed editor. [..]
- JPMorgan Pays $48 Million More to Settle Mortgage Servicing Issues The bank already paid $2 billion in a 2013 settlement with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, but did not meet all the obligations of that earlier settlement. [..]
- See all financial news of January 06, 2016
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $76.64
- Apple AAPL: opens at $100.56
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $54.32
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.27
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $134.38
- 1 USD = 0.9277 EUR
- 1 USD = 118.464 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.6835 GBP
- 1 USD = 1.4151 AUD
- 1 USD = 1.4078 CAD