Tuesday 6 May 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pascall Davis and Mark Thomas NFL defensive end (Carolina Panthers.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Mackenna's Gold, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Inland Island by Josephine Winslow Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gnomes of Dulwich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1969 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Time Is Tight
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Sweet Cherry Wine
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
- Donovan - Atlantis
- The Beatles - Get Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?