Wednesday 6 May 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The White Ribbon, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Incredible Human Journey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BattleForge or BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2009 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- Kevin Grubb: American NASCAR driver (Born 1978).
- The European Parliament delays its planned reform of the European Union's telecommunications policy. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- The United States Supervisory Capital Assessment Program finds that financial services companies JPMorgan Chase, and American Express do not need more capital from the Troubled Asset Relief Program. (MarketWatch)
- A car bomb kills at least ten people and injures 30 others in Dora, Baghdad, Iraq. (Sky News)
- The Taliban captures Mingora, Swat, Pakistan. (''The Times'')
- Czech President Václav Klaus postpones his signing of the Senate-approved Treaty of Lisbon. (RTÉ)
- Guinea withdraws ambassadors from 30 countries worldwide. (''Seattle Times'')
- Somali pirates hijack Germany's MV ''Victoria'' and release the United Arab Emirates' MV ''Al Meezan''. (Reuters via ''Washington Post'')
- The U.S. state of Maine legalizes same-sex marriage. (AP)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Dead And Gone - T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
- Magnificent - Rick Ross Featuring John Legend
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- El Trono de Mexico - Almas Gemelas
- Sin Ti...Sin Mi - Ricardo Arjona
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
An enlarged and independent Fiat Auto would be in the pole position to lead the car industry’s global consolidation but the road to success is littered with obstacles. [..]
The paper and its largest union are scheduled to resume talks, with lifetime job guarantees for some workers being the only major sticking point remaining. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.58
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $53.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $52.34
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.67
- 1 CHF = 6.0354 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.8118 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9705 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.091 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?